Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Before I Go


I am going to post information about the 51st UN Commission on the Status of Women to clarify where I am going and what I will be doing. To begin with, the CSW has a multi-year program of work for 2007-2009 and will consider "The elimination of all forms of discrimination and violence against the girl child" as its priority theme during the 51st session.

Here is the UN schedule for the week.

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/conf/seforms/dspUNcalendar.asp

The few days prior to the UN meetings, I will be with the Anglican Women's Empowerment group, a gathering of nearly 100 Anglican women from around the world. I will post links to interesting articles so the most inquisitive can study along with me!

*******************************************************************
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973), The Lord Of the Rings, Book Four, Chapter One

1 comment:

I'm Molly said...

I tease you, but I'm fascinated. Don't tell anyone.